HomePoliticsStop Claiming APC Tickets, Oyo Chapter Warns Aggrieved Aspirants, Insists Candidates’ List...

Stop Claiming APC Tickets, Oyo Chapter Warns Aggrieved Aspirants, Insists Candidates’ List Standsl

 

THE All Progressives Congress (APC) in Oyo State has dismissed claims of alterations to its National Assembly candidates’ list, insisting that the names already submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) remain final.

The party also warned aggrieved aspirants and their supporters to stop parading themselves as candidates, saying the window for the nomination of candidates has officially closed.

In a statement issued on Monday by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Olawale Sadare, the Oyo APC described reports circulating on social media about changes to the candidates’ list as false and misleading.

According to the party, the list uploaded by the National Working Committee (NWC) to the INEC portal was compiled from the results of the primary elections conducted in May and remains unchanged.

The APC said all its candidates had also completed the mandatory nomination process by filling the required INEC forms at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

The party reaffirmed Senator Yunus Akintunde, Hon. Aderemi Oseni and Mrs. Hannah Ogunesan as its candidates for Oyo Central, Oyo South and Oyo North Senatorial Districts, respectively.

It also maintained that its House of Representatives candidates include Hon. Akeem Adeyemi (Afijio/Atiba/Oyo East/Oyo West), Hon. Segun Odebunmi (Ogo-Oluwa/Surulere), Hon. Tajudeen Abisodun Kareem (Atisbo/Saki East/Saki West), Hon. Akin Alabi (Egbeda/Ona-Ara), Hon. Olafisoye Akinmoyede (Akinyele/Lagelu), Hon. Folake Olunloyo-Oshinowo (Ibadan North West/South West), Hon. Tolulope Akande-Shadipe (Oluyole), Hon. Olamijuwon Alao-Akala (Ogbomoso North/Ogbomoso South/Oriire), Hon. Olatubosun Oladele (Irepo/Olorunsogo/Oorelope), Hon. Umar Farouk Alao (Ibadan North), Hon. Ibrahim Iyiola (Ibadan North East/Ibadan South East), Hon. Sarafa Olaoniye (Ibarapa Central/Ibarapa North), Hon. Saheed Adejare Yusuf (Kajola/Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Iwajowa) and Hon. Yusuf Asimiyu Osuolale (Ibarapa East/Ido).

The party expressed surprise that some unsuccessful aspirants were allegedly spreading false information to mislead party members and the public.

“For the avoidance of doubt, nothing has changed from what was made public last week. The names submitted to INEC remain the authentic list of APC candidates,” the statement said.

The APC warned that anyone falsely presenting himself or herself as the party’s candidate should desist immediately or face the consequences.

“There cannot be two candidates for one ticket. As democrats, everyone must respect the outcome of the party’s processes and avoid treating politics as a do-or-die affair,” the party added.

 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments