Wednesday, July 24, 2024
HomenewsTotalEnergies Announces Another Oil,Gas Discovery In Nigeria

TotalEnergies Announces Another Oil,Gas Discovery In Nigeria

The Ntokon oil and gas discovery on OML102 off the coast of Nigeria was announced by NigTotalEnergies on Tuesday.

The Ntokon-1AX finding well, located in shallow waters 60 km off the southeast coast of Nigeria, found 73 meters of net oil pay in reservoirs of high quality, while its side-track Ntokon-1G1 found 38 meters of net oil pay and 15 meters of net gas pay.

According to a release, Ntokon-1G1 tested satisfactorily up to a maximum throughput of about 5,000 barrels per day of 40° API oil.

Ntokon, which is situated on OML102 and is 20 km from the Ofon field facilities, is intended to be built using a tie-back to these current facilities.

Nicolas Terraz, President, said: “The Ntokon discovery opens a promising outlook for a new tie-back development.”

“The Ntokon discovery opens a promising outlook for a new tie-back development’’,
said Nicolas Terraz, President, Exploration & Production at TotalEnergies. “After the
start-up of production of the Ikike tie-back on OML99 in 2022, this new success in the
area further demonstrates the potential of nearby exploration to create value within our low cost, low emission strategy”.

OML 102 is operated by TotalEnergies EP Nigeria with a 40% interest, alongside partner NNPC Limited with the remaining 60%.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments