Troops of Sector 2, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have dealt a major blow to terrorist operations in Kebbi State, arresting six suspected logistics suppliers and recovering 10 brand-new motorcycles allegedly meant for a notorious terrorist group.
The suspects were apprehended during a coordinated operation on Monday along the Biu-Kangiwa Road in Arewa Local Government Area of the state.
Military authorities said the operation began when troops intercepted a white commercial bus transporting the motorcycles, which had been concealed inside cartons in an apparent attempt to evade security checks.
According to a statement by the military, two suspects, Salisu Mohammad, 35, and Bashir Musa, 36, were arrested while conveying the motorcycles.
“The troops intercepted a white commercial bus along the Biu-Kangiwa axis and arrested two suspects conveying 10 brand-new Honda motorcycles packaged in cartons.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the motorcycles were being transported to a known terrorist leader identified as Mallam Gehowa, who is believed to be operating around the Amogoro axis,” the statement said.
Acting on intelligence obtained from the initial arrests, troops immediately launched a follow-up operation, leading to the arrest of four additional suspects allegedly sent by the terrorist network to receive the motorcycles.
“Acting swiftly on the intelligence gathered, troops conducted a successful follow-up operation which resulted in the arrest of four additional suspects reportedly dispatched by the terrorist syndicate to take delivery of the motorcycles,” the military added.
The operation was carried out without any exchange of gunfire or casualties.
Military authorities disclosed that the six suspects, the recovered motorcycles and the commercial bus used in transporting the items have been handed over to the Department of State Services (DSS), Kebbi State Command, for further investigation and possible prosecution.
Confirming the development in a telephone interview on Tuesday, the Acting Deputy Director, Public Relations, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, Lt. Col. Olaniyi Osoba, said the suspects remain in the custody of the DSS.
The latest breakthrough comes as security forces intensify operations against bandits and Lakurawa terrorists operating in parts of Kebbi State, particularly in the Kangiwa and Arewa axis, where residents have suffered repeated attacks.
Security sources said cutting off the supply of logistics and mobility assets to terrorist groups is expected to significantly weaken their operational capacity and boost the ongoing military offensive against criminal elements in the region.

