HomeEntertainmentMohbad: Court Fixes Sept 29 for Fresh Probe Judgment

Mohbad: Court Fixes Sept 29 for Fresh Probe Judgment

Abuja, Nigeria — June 25, 2026 — A Federal High Court in Abuja has fixed September 29, 2026, to deliver judgment in a suit seeking to compel the police to reopen investigations into the death of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

Justice James Omotosho adjourned the matter after hearing arguments from counsel to the applicant, Chief Tunde Falola, who urged the court to grant the reliefs sought.

The suit, marked FHC/ABJ/CS/363/2026, was filed by the Registered Trustees of Break the Silence Foundation against the Inspector-General of Police, the Nigeria Police Force, and the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command.

None of the respondents were represented in court when the matter was called.

The applicant is seeking an order of mandamus compelling police authorities to conduct a fresh investigation into the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death, which occurred on September 12, 2023, in Lagos under controversial conditions.

During proceedings, the court also considered an application by Mr. Samson Obaboye seeking to be joined in the suit. Obaboye told the court he supported calls for “truth, transparency, accountability and justice” and wished to present relevant facts.

However, Justice Omotosho dismissed the application, ruling that the applicant failed to establish sufficient legal interest to justify his inclusion in the case.

The court had earlier granted leave for the NGO to initiate the action through an ex-parte application for judicial review.

Speaking after the hearing, Falola said the suit was filed due to dissatisfaction with the outcome of the initial police investigation into the late singer’s death.

The case has continued to draw public interest, with stakeholders calling for clarity and accountability over the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s passing.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments